Plant the seeds of your legacy at City Park through your will or living trust.
Where to Designate Your Gift
Due to the way in which City Park is structured, you have several options to make your designation to the Park.
A gift directly to the Park:
- You can make a gift to Friends of City Park, the 501(c)3 non-profit fundraising arm of the park. Friends’ tax identification number is 72-0875507. Friends of City Park supports capital needs throughout the Park and allows us to use the funds in a timely and efficient manner. You may choose to make an unrestricted gift allowing the Park to choose the area of greatest need at the time of the gift or you may choose one of the numerous restricted accounts, for example the Botanical Garden.
- You can make a gift to the City Park Improvement Association, tax identification number 72-6000964.
- You can make a gift to the New Orleans Botanical Garden Foundation, tax identification number 72-1337213
A gift to the Park’s Endowment:
The Park has eight separate endowment accounts held by the Greater New Orleans Foundation: The City Park Endowment Fund, AZBY Pavilion & Conservatory Fund, City Park Playground Fund, Carousel Fund, Botanical Garden Fund, Pump House and Arbor Fund, City Park/Pepsi Tennis Center Fund, and the Matt Savoie Soccer Complex Fund.
There are two ways to direct funds to one of the Park’s endowments:
- You can make a gift to Friends of City Park (Tax identification number 72-0875507), with instructions naming the fund(s) where you want your gift invested. Friends of City Park, in turn, will send a check to the Greater New Orleans Foundation.
- You can make a gift directly to the Greater New Orleans Foundation (Tax identification number 72-0408921) naming the Park endowment(s) you wish the funds to be deposited into. The address is: Greater New Orleans Foundation 1055 St. Charles Avenue, Suite 100 New Orleans, LA 70130.
Sample Bequest Language
“I give and bequeath to Friends of City Park (or City Park Improvement Association or New Orleans Botanical Garden Foundation), New Orleans, Louisiana [the sum of $____] [____ percent of my residuary estate] [the following property] to be used to support the ___________ (state purpose if there are additional purposes). If, in the opinion of the CEO and the Board of Commissioners, all or part of this bequest cannot be usefully applied to this purpose due to changed circumstances, they may use the bequest for any purpose that in their opinion will most nearly accomplish my wishes and purposes.”
Note: The language given here is only suggested language and is meant to be used with the advice of your attorney.
Please contact John Hopper, your Chief Development Officer and Public Affairs Director, for additional help when planning your gift. 504-259-1509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.